The World Rehabilitation Fund (WRF) is contributing to the emergency humanitarian assistance response to the devastating Beirut Port Explosion of August 4, 2020 through its “Filling Assistance Gaps in Basic Rehabilitation Services for Refugees from Syria With Disabilities and Their Peers in Host Communities in Lebanon” (September 2020–August 2021) project within cooperative agreement awarded by the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration as a Gift from the United States Government.
WRF provides essential rehabilitation assistance services to needy persons with disabilities or temporary functional limitations resulting from, or exacerbated by, the explosion.
- Persons who developed disabilities or temporary functional limitations due to the explosion
- Persons with existing disabilities or temporary functional limitations who:
- were affected by the explosion;
- were injured or lost property or assets due to the explosion regardless of their place of residence in Lebanon; or
- were forcefully displaced from the areas directly affected by the explosion.
The project addresses the needs of these persons by providing them with the following assistance services:
- Professionally fitted prosthetic and/or orthotic devices, mobility aids, physical and occupational therapy, and rehabilitation accessories and home / self-care supplies (wheelchairs, walkers, medical air/water mattresses, urine bags, diapers, disinfection kits…) to persons with amputations, deformities, and other mobility impairments.
- Visual impairment aids (professionally fitted eyeglasses, walking canes, magnifiers…) to persons with vision impairments.
- Professionally fitted hearing aids and as needed parental guidance, and initiation to speech therapy sessions to persons with hearing impairments.
- Basic home/car accessibility alterations
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 8:30 to 16:30
For information about the project, or to apply for assistance, kindly contact any of the following members of the Project Implementation Team authorized to liaise, communicate, and follow up on eligibility and provision of assistance services:
For additional information please contact: